TRUMBULL, Conn. — The McDonald's on Hawley Lane in Trumbull was closed for several hours on Tuesday after a smoky fire in a frialator, according to a Facebook post from the Nichols Fire Department.
The Nichols Fire Department responded to the fire on Tuesday morning.
The manager kept the fire in check by using a portable extinguisher, the Facebook post said. Firefighters found a moderate smoke condition in the restaurant with the fire still burning in the unit, the post said.
Firefighters used portable fire extinguishers to put out the blaze completely and notified the Health and Fire Marshal Offices, the post said.
Due to the smoky conditions and the discharge of the fire extinguishers, McDonald's remained closed for several hours until repairs and cleanup could be completed.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.