MONROE, Conn. — The Monroe Volunteer Fire Department responded to a stove fire on Sunday morning, according to a Facebook post.
This was the fifth reported/actual structure fire in Monroe in the last nine days, the department said in the post.
The homeowner extinguished the blaze before firefighters arrived, and he sustained a minor burn, the post said.
Fire units checked for an extension of the blaze and ventilated the home of smoke, the post said.
The Stepney Fire Department responded with mutual aid.
"We remind people to not leave cooking unattended," the fire department said.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.