TRUMBULL, Conn. -- The Trumbull Police Department is seeking part-time dispatchers to join its team at the emergency communications center.
Candidates must be able to work weekends. Job duties will include:
- Acting as radio dispatcher transmitting police, fire and EMS messages by radio to appropriate location.
- In the absence of desk officers, deployment of police personnel in the field.
- Performing search and escort duties as needed (Matron duty for females only).
- Notification of proper authority at all levels regarding emergencies, bomb threats, fires, etc.
- A variety of report writing, record keeping and filing as needed.
- Assisting the public and town departments in matters relating to the office in person and on the telephone.
- Maintaining confidentiality as required by the department.
Previous experience is preferred.
To apply, send a resume along with a letter of interest to Police@Trumbull-CT.gov .