Contact Us
Trumbull-Monroe Daily Voice serves Easton, Monroe, Redding & Trumbull

Menu

Trumbull-Monroe Daily Voice serves Easton, Monroe, Redding & Trumbull

Nearby Towns

police & fire

Trumbull Firefighters Dish Up Breakfast With Pig On Carbon Monoxide Call

A Trumbull firefighter feeds Texas the pig after responding to a carbon monoxide alarm Saturday morning.
A Trumbull firefighter feeds Texas the pig after responding to a carbon monoxide alarm Saturday morning. Photo Credit: Trumbull Volunteer Fire Company No. 1

TRUMBULL, Conn. — Trumbull firefighters formed a friendship with this little piggy when they responded to an alarm on a carbon monoxide detector on Saturday morning, according to a Facebook post from Trumbull Volunteer Fire Company, No. 1.

At about 9:10 a.m. Saturday, firefighters headed to the home at 1069 Daniels Farm Road for a carbon monoxide alarm, the Facebook post said.

When they arrived on the scene, firefighters found a slightly elevated carbon monoxide level of 45 ppm in the basement of the home, the Facebook post said. The problem was due to a malfunctioning furnace.

As firefighters worked to ventilate the home with fans, they met up with Texas, a friendly pig that lives in the area. Firefighters shared breakfast with Texas and checked to make sure the carbon monoxide level had returned to zero before leaving the scene.

to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.

Welcome to

Trumbull-Monroe Daily Voice!

Serves Easton, Monroe, Redding & Trumbull

This is a one time message inviting you to keep in touch

Get important news about your town as it happens.