TRUMBULL, Conn. — Trumbull firefighters formed a friendship with this little piggy when they responded to an alarm on a carbon monoxide detector on Saturday morning, according to a Facebook post from Trumbull Volunteer Fire Company, No. 1.
At about 9:10 a.m. Saturday, firefighters headed to the home at 1069 Daniels Farm Road for a carbon monoxide alarm, the Facebook post said.
When they arrived on the scene, firefighters found a slightly elevated carbon monoxide level of 45 ppm in the basement of the home, the Facebook post said. The problem was due to a malfunctioning furnace.
As firefighters worked to ventilate the home with fans, they met up with Texas, a friendly pig that lives in the area. Firefighters shared breakfast with Texas and checked to make sure the carbon monoxide level had returned to zero before leaving the scene.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.