TRUMBULL, Conn. -- The Town of Trumbull is seeking qualified applicants to apply for their open police officer positions.
The application process will be limited to the first 150 applications. In order to be eligible, applicants must receive a valid 50 percent CHIP card by April 1, in order to advance to the written exam to be held in April.
Only individuals who meet the qualifications listed below should apply. All communication for this position will be through email, therefore, it is imperative that you notify the department of any changes in email addresses. Candidates must also log onto their PoliceApp.com account to view and verify email communication.
- Applicant must possess a valid Connecticut driver’s license at time of appointment.
- Applicant must be a non-smoker
- Applicants must have at least 60 college credits, or 2 years full active military duty, or currently be a certified Connecticut police officer
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen
- Applicant must be 21 years old by time of appointment.
- Applicant must have no felony convictions
- Applicant must have no domestic violence convictions
- Applicant must have no A or B Misdemeanor convictions
- Applicant must not have had a motor vehicle conviction for Evading Responsibility or Operating under the influence of Alcohol/Drugs or both
In addition, applicants, including certified officers, must complete:
- Must receive a written examination score of 70 percent or better
- An oral review test
- A polygraph test
- A drug screening test
- A psychological test
- A complete medical examination
- An intense and thorough background examination
- A police commission review board
- A field training probationary period
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.