TRUMBULL, Conn. -- Trumbull Police and EMS responded to Trumbull High School on Monday afternoon after a student had a reaction to an over-the-counter medication.
First responders arrived at 1 p.m. and were notified that the student had taken an over-the-counter pain relief medication the day before. Responders, including the school resource officer, assisted the student, who was reported to be awake and alert. The student was taken to a local hospital.
Police said that the incident may have prompted some confusion and concern on social media when an "overdose" was reported at the school. Police stressed that the incident was isolated to one person, and had no effect on any other students.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.