Contact Us
Trumbull-Monroe Daily Voice serves Easton, Monroe, Redding & Trumbull

Menu

Trumbull-Monroe Daily Voice serves Easton, Monroe, Redding & Trumbull

Nearby Towns

police & fire

Monroe Home Damaged During Morning Kitchen Fire

Fire severely damaged a Hillside Lane kitchen on Monday, spreading smoke across the rest of the house.
Fire severely damaged a Hillside Lane kitchen on Monday, spreading smoke across the rest of the house. Photo Credit: Facebook

MONROE, Conn. -- A Hillside Lane home suffered "heavy" damage Monday when a fire tore through the kitchen, spreading smoke to other parts of the house, according to fire officials.

Volunteer firefighters from the Monroe, Stevenson and Stepney fire departments contained the 8 a.m. blaze to the kitchen of 16 Hillside Lane, but not before the walls, ceiling and appliances in the room suffered substantial damage from the flames, according to the Monroe Fire Department.

According to officials, firefighters aggressively tackled the blaze, utilizing volunteers from three engines and a ladder truck over 90 minutes.

Monroe Fire Chief George Lattanzi was the commanding officer at the scene and reported no injuries to firefighters or residents, according to a statement from the department .

The fire is believed to have been caused by a pot on the stove, according to Fire Marshal Bill Davin, who told the fire department that the smoke alarms worked properly.

According to officials, damage to the home can be repaired.

Learn more about the Monroe Volunteer Fire Department on Facebook .

Welcome to

Trumbull-Monroe Daily Voice!

Serves Easton, Monroe, Redding & Trumbull

This is a one time message inviting you to keep in touch

Get important news about your town as it happens.