MONROE, Conn. — Firefighters were able to put out a small kitchen fire in a Monroe home on Sunday morning before it could spread, according to a post on the Monroe Volunteer Fire Department's Facebook page.
At about 10:30 a.m. Sunday, firefighters responded to the fire on Monroe Turnpike. The fire started when a pan with oil on the stovetop ignited the nearby wall and cabinets, firefighters said.
Monroe firefighters had just returned from a house on Lynn Drive, where a kitchen outlet had burned out.
Shortly thereafter, the firefighters handled an activated fire alarm on Senior Drive.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.