MONROE, Conn. — Monroe volunteer firefighters responding to an odor of smoke in a home on Richards Drive found a lightning strike had caused numerous breakers to trip in the home on Wednesday evening.
No smoke or fire was present in the home, said the Monroe Volunteer Fire Department.
On Thursday morning, Monroe Fire with Stepney Fire Department and Stevenson Volunteer Fire Company were dispatched for another odor investigation at a home on Wheeler Road.
Units found a water cooler that short circuited due to a tank leak.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.