Contact Us
Trumbull-Monroe Daily Voice serves Easton, Monroe, Redding & Trumbull
Return to your home site

Menu

Trumbull-Monroe Daily Voice serves Easton, Monroe, Redding & Trumbull

Nearby Towns

Breaking News: CT State Police Seek Info On Road Rage Incident With Shots Fired
police & fire

Monroe Fire Officials Credit Carbon Monoxide Detector With Saving Lives

Monroe Volunteer Fire Department.
Monroe Volunteer Fire Department. Photo Credit: Monroe Volunteer Fire Department/Facebook

MONROE, Conn. -- Monroe fire officials are crediting a carbon monoxide detector with saving the lives of residents of a Moose Hill Road home on Tuesday morning.

Firefighters were called at about 7 a.m. after a report of smoke in the basement of the residence, according to a Facebook post. Upon arrival, firefighters discovered that the carbon monoxide readings were in excess of 120 parts per million (ppm), which is a dangerous level.

The residents didn't need to be hospitalized.

Fire Marshal William Davin warns all residents that a working carbon monoxide detector can save lives and said this was the second carbon monoxide incident in the town in the past two months.

Fire officials urge that with heating units working harder with the arrival of cold weather, residents should have working carbon monoxide detectors on each level of their homes.

In addition, smoke detectors should be on every level and in every bedroom. Residents with questions should contact the Monroe Office of the Fire Marshal at 203-452-2807.

to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.

Welcome to

Trumbull-Monroe Daily Voice!

Serves Easton, Monroe, Redding & Trumbull

Hi! You've read our articles so we know you like our reporting. To keep reading please join our mailing list.

Get important news about your town as it happens.