TRUMBULL, CONN. – A shed at a residence on Wilson Avenue in Trumbull was damaged by the flames from a brush fire Monday morning.
Crews from the Long Hill Fire Department, Trumbull Center Fire Department and Nichols Fire Department were all on the scene.
According to Dave DeLibro, public information officer for the Trumbull Volunteer Fire Department, the fire was sparked by fireplace ashes that had been discarded by the homeowner.
The blaze was contained to the area around the shed and the shed itself, which was being used to store cord wood and lawn equipment, DeLibro said.
The blaze was put out in less than an hour. The house itself was not damaged, DeLibro said.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.