REDDING, Conn. — The Georgetown Volunteer Fire Department extinguished a brush fire that was sparked by a downed electrical wire on Wednesday afternoon in Redding, according to a Facebook post.
The initial call was for a "fire in the woods" on Redding Road in Redding, according to the post from the Georgetown Volunteer Fire Department.
Upon arrival, firefighters found downed live wires in the front yard of a residence.
"We extinguished part of the brush fire it caused and waited for Eversource to secure the downed power line," the Facebook post said.
"Thank you to West Redding Volunteer Fire Department for additional water."
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.