TRUMBULL, Conn. -- The Amber Alert issued for a missing Trumbull boy has been canceled after the 7-year-old was found safe late Saturday afternoon, according to the town of Trumbull.
The boy, identified as 7-year-old Ariel Revello, had been taken in a “custodial abduction” from his home at about 4:30 a.m. Saturday, state police said.
The Town of Trumbull sent out a news alert at 6:41 p.m. Saturday announcing that the boy had been found and was safe. But the boy's father, who was reported to have abducted Revello, is still at large and the search continues, according to the town.
The Trumbull Times reported that the father, 43-year-old Rodolfo Revello, had forced his way into the home of Ariel's mother and assaulted her. He then took a knife from the kitchen before being disarmed by his 17-year-old stepson, the Trumbull Times reported.
He also took thousands of dollars worth of cash and jewelry before grabbing Ariel and leaving the residence in a white van, police told the Trumbull Times.
The boy was located with a relative in Queens, N.Y., but his father has not yet been found, according to the Trumbull Times. A warrant is being pursued for the father's arrest, police told the Trumbull Times.