TRUMBULL, Conn. -- The town of Trumbull has put a parking ban into effect from 8 a.m. Saturday until noon Sunday in an effort to keep streets clear for snow plowing and emergency vehicles.
The area is under a winter storm warning and is expected to get 4-8 inches of snow Saturday.
Residents are asked to report any utility disruptions directly to the utility company providing the service.
Here are some quick safety tips:
- Drive slowly and safely while preparing enough travel time to reach your destination.
- Make sure you have enough fuel and winter supplies in your vehicle in the event you are stuck or stranded.
- If possible, move all vehicles off the streets so snowplows can efficiently clear the roads.
- Remember to dress in layers when venturing outdoors.
- When shoveling, take breaks and bend at the knees.
- Check on any elderly residents in the event they need assistance.
- Bring all pets indoors and out of the cold for pet health safety.
- This is the time to contact your landlord, fuel provider and any other contractor in making sure furnaces, fuel sources and other electrical and heating units are working properly.
- Keep a list of contractors or fuel providers handy in the event equipment fails or if they are needed.
- Never use your gas oven as a heating source.
- Create a plan of action to evacuate to a friend's or relative's home in the event of any heating failure to your residence.
In an extreme emergency, dial 911.