FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Construction on Interstate 95 starting at the end of April will cause overnight lane closures in Fairfield and Bridgeport.
The project involves milling and paving a section of I-95 between the New England Avenue overpass and the Broad Street overpass for a total distance of 3 miles. This project will also include milling and paving of on-ramps and off-ramps and repair of existing concrete bridge decks.
Motorists should expect lane closures at the following times:
- Mondays between 8 p.m. and 7 a.m.
- Tuesdays and Wednesdays between 9 p.m. and 7 a.m.
- Thursday and Friday between 10 p.m. and 7 a.m.
- Saturdays between 9 p.m. and 9 a.m. (Sunday)
- Sundays between 10 p.m. and 7 a.m. (Monday)
- Mondays through Thursday between 8 p.m. and 6 a.m.
- Friday between 8 p.m. and 7 a.m. (Saturday)
- Saturday between 9 p.m. and 9 a.m. (Sunday)
- Sunday between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m. (Monday)
Ramps could be closed between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m. Monday through Sunday. Any Detours will be displayed.
Initial lane closures are expected to begin on April 21 and resume once again on May 1.