MONROE, Conn. -- The Town of Monroe announces the following holiday hours:
- The Town Hall offices and Highway Department will be closing at 1:30 p.m. Dec. 24 and 31.
- The Senior Center will be closing at 1:30 p.m. Dec. 24, with all programs ending at noon. It will remain open until 4:30 p.m. Dec. 31.
- The Edith Wheeler Memorial Library will be closing at 1 p.m. Dec. 24 and Dec. 31.
- The Tax Collector's office will remain open until 4:30 p.m. Dec. 31.
- The Town Hall offices, Senior Citizen Center and Library will be closed Dec. 25 and 28, in observance of Christmas and Jan. 1 for New Year's Day.
- The Spring Hill Road Transfer Station and Garder Road Landfill will be closed Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
Normal business hours will resume for all offices Tuesday, Dec. 29, and Monday, Jan. 4.