BRIDGEPORT, Conn. — A Greenwich man's violent attack on his estranged wife and kidnapping of his 7-year-old son from this Trumbull home were detailed at the arraignment Thursday in a Bridgeport courtroom, the Connecticut Post said.
Rodolfo Revello, 43, told the judge he was concerned about the welfare of his son when he grabbed him from his bed early March 12, prompting an Amber Alert, the Post said.
But Trumbull police detailed his drunken attempted entry through the home's attic, attack on his estranged wife and stepson, kidnapping of his younger son and theft of cash and jewelry, leading the judge to order Revello held on $500,000 bond, the Post said.
After his arrest in the Bronx on Wednesday by U.S. Marshals , Revello was charged with second-degree kidnapping, second-degree larceny, violating a protective order, second-degree strangulation, second-degree assault, threatening criminal mischief and disorderly conduct.
The 7-year-old boy was found safe with relatives in Queens late on the day he was kidnapped. A police manhunt had searched for the father since then.
Revello has a long criminal history. His estranged wife had a restraining order against Revello, who is on federal probation in connection with supplying the Latin Kings gang with cocaine that they sold in the Stamford area in 2011. In that case, he was sentenced to 60 months in prison in 2012 and released in September 2014.
Online state court records also list convictions for assault, disorderly conduct and driving under the influence and one pending case on a charge of breach of peace.
Click here to read the story at the Connecticut Post website.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.