REDDING, Conn. -- The Mark Twain Library's annual Labor Day Book Fair will be collecting food pantry items.
Taking place from Sept. 2 to 5, the 56th annual book fair will take place at the Redding Community Center, 37 Lonetown Road. It will include 65,000 books for sale.
The food items will be received at a tent outside the book fair and go to the Redding Food Pantry in the Redding Park and Recreation building. Checks are accepted as well and can be made out to The Town of Redding.
The schedule of the book fair is as follows:
- 2 to 6 p.m. Friday: The after-school spree with “Personal Shopping” with children’s librarians. Fiction and nonfiction collections featuring Star Wars, dinosaurs, history, cooking and more. Natural Scoop Ice Cream Truck will be on the scene from 2:30 to 5 p.m.
- Open Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Prices as marked.
- Open Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Prices as marked.
- Open Sunday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Half-price.
- Open Monday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. “Boxing Day” $10 for a box full of books.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.