FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Irish eyes are smiling. And stomachs are being satiated across the county with Irish soda bread, corned beef and cabbage and a host of other specials, not to mention plenty of Guinness.
A brief sampling of where to get your green on follows. Feel free to add your own favorites to our Facebook page or in our comments. After all, we're all a wee bit (or a whole lot!) Irish on St. Paddy's Day.
- Anna Liffey's, Fairfield: Traditional Irish dishes such as Guinness stew, Bangers & Mash, Paddy Mac & Cheese and Shepherd's Pie are always on the menu at Anna LIffey's - though they seem to taste better come March 17. Enjoy along with Bailey’s Irish Cream Chicken and Jameson Whiskey Pepper Steak along with pints of beer. Go Green: 1494 Post Rd., (203) 292-9520.
- Brennan's Shebeen, Fairfield, Bridgeport : Traditional Irish fare will be served all day Friday, March 17 with bagpipers at 1 p.m. and Irish dancers at 3 p.m. Go Green: 2652 Fairfield Ave., Bridgeport, (203) 870-9981; 2425 Morehouse Hwy., Fairfield, (203) 256-1135.
- McGuire's Ale House, Newtown: March Madness is in the air -- literally. It will be on the plasma TV's at this neighborhood favorite while also serving corned beef and cabbage specials as well as lots of beer, all in honor of St. Paddy's Day. Go Green: 130 Mount Pleasant Rd., (203) 270-3999.
- O'Neill's Pub & Restaurant, Norwalk: Irish dancers , Greenwich Pipes and Drums and other special events are on the menu at O'Neills (check website for details). There will also be plenty of fish and chips as well as "Craic," a Gaelic word for fun. Go Green : 93 N Main St., (203) 838-0222.
- O'Brien's Sports Pub & Restaurant, Danbury: The party gets started at 9 a.m. on March 17 where you'll find Irish karaoke and bagpipers at various intervals throughout the day. Not to mention a pint of Smithwick's, Harp's or Guinness. Go Green: 83 Lake Ave., (203) 628-7108.
- Tigin Irish Pub, Stamford: Doors open at 10 a.m. with a limited menu that includes an Irish breakfast and Corned Beef and Cabbage. At 1 p.m., expect a $10 cover with the live music of Carlos Miller of The Last Hoorah. Scratch will take the stage starting at 7 p.m. All day there will be endless amounts of Guinness and Jameson, along with lots of bar swag. This is "the" place to be on St. Paddy's Day. G o Green: 175 Bedford St., (203) 353-8444.
- The Castle on Post, Fairfield: Live entertainment, Irish dancers and more are on tap at The Castle on Post come March 17. Bangers and Marsh, a corned beef Rueben and more are on the menu as well. Go Green: 222 Post Rd., (203) 292-8410.
- Two Steps Downtown Grille, Danbury: Join the Irish Happy Hour taking place from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. or in the "Are You Irish" buffet. The list of choices is varied here, with a host of lunch and dinner specials, among them Galloway Chicken, traditional Corned Beef and Guinness Stew. Go Green : 5 Ives St., (203) 794-0032.