MONROE, Conn. -- Today’s professional and social environments move at warp speeds and -- without Emily Post to turn to -- the right “netiquette” sometimes eludes us, says Monroe entrepreneur Harriette Trevino.
Trevino, aka the “Diva of Speed Networking,” will host a workshop on the subject from 6:30-8 p.m. Monday at the Edith Wheeler Library’s Ehlers Meeting Room in Monroe.
The workshop will cover these topics:
- Re-defining Networking -- It all starts with your mindset!
- Assessing and improving your networking skills.
- How to navigate from "hello" to "goodbye" with confidence.
- Avoiding the top ten turn-offs in networking.
- How to turn small talk into smart talk making the most of every relationship and Asking for Referrals
- "Now, what do I do with all of these business cards I have collected?"
Trevino, a licensed Realtor with Hodson Realty, Inc. and co-owner of Bull's Head Printers, is an ambassador of several local chambers of commerce. She has presented The Art of Networking for the Monroe and Newtown Chambers, and the Bridgeport Regional Business Council.
Registration is required. To register, click here .
The library is at 733 Monroe Turnpike, Monroe.
For more information, call (203)- 452-2850.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.